Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Love of God

So today, I got a day off today, and realized this is really the first day off i've ever had where I was away from the noise of life, and had an opportunity to spend to serious bro time with God. There was crying, there was healing, and I really got a chance to re-evaluate my life today. I've never EVER felt like this before.

I spent a lot of time reading John 8, and pretty much it talks about Jesus telling the Pharisee's that he is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD, and we're pretty much free from sin. The thing that got me the most was verse 34-36:
Jesus answered them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

For the first time in my life, I didn't feel like a SLAVE, but I felt like a SON. and ALL OF US are sons and daughters, and son's and daughters get to crash with our Father FOREVER because we we're part of the family. We're no longer Slaves to sin!!!! THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!!

Over the course of the past 9 years of my christian life, I've been accused of SO much crap by so called "christians", that I realized today that the past few years, I didn't "feel" christian. At one point, I felt like I was Banished from the "Church People" clique, which in all reality wasn't the case. Really what was happening was I really wasn't free from sin, I was a Slave to my own insecurity. Today, I realized what it really meant to be a Son, and that absolutely WRECKED me.

So what does that mean to people that don't speak Christianese? It means that God has got your back! You can feel like the unwanted, underachieving step child all you want, but all God wants you to do is let your insecurity go and fall head over heals for him! And if you say no, he will wait at your doorstep until you let him in.

While I was reading this, a song came up on my iPod, is was John Mark McMillan song Closer. Here are the lyrics:

Come closer, closer to me.
Find me broken, find me bleedin'
cause I need more now than a fairy tale,
a god who lives in a book. I need someone real.

So would you come?
Would you come?
If i begged you, would you come closer to me now?
Come closer, closer to me.

Find me broken, find me on my knees,
cause I need more now than philosophy.
Some god in outer space doesn't mean anything to me.
So would you come?
Would you come?
If I begged you, would you come closer to me now?
Would you come? Would you come?
If i begged you, would you come closer to me now?

Son of David, do not pass me by,
cause I am naked, I'm poor and I'm blind.
Son of david, don't pass me by,
cause I am naked, I'm poor and I'm blind.


I encourage you to listen to this song and BUY it on iTunes. the performance is UNFORGETABLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment