Saturday, February 20, 2010

Clarification: My Thoughts of Capitalism

Okay, I've been taking ALOT of heat (mainly face to face confrontation, but on facebook as well) for making jokes about capitalist's lately! I throw the term around WAY TOO loosely, and a lot people think that I'm a firm opponent of the system! That couldn't be farther from the truth.

Here's where I stand: Capitalism is GREAT! Anybody who believes that capitalism is stupid has NO idea that they are enjoying the benefits of it.

HOWEVER, as with ANYTHING IN LIFE, SO many people ESPECIALLY in this SPOILED ROTTEN country make it an idol. I define Capitalism as a system based on the notion of making money...PERIOD. Once again, there is nothing wrong with making money, but the fact of the matter is, people make TERRIBLE decisions in the name of making money.

In Mexico, there is a SILENT WAR happening between DRUG LORDS and Mexican authorities. One of these Drug Lords argued that this war was in the name of Capitalism. The truth is, is that he's RIGHT!!! He's willing to destroy ANYTHING in his path in order for him to gain FINANCIAL POWER! I understand that's an extreme example, but it gets the point across.

So what do I believe? I believe that GOD is the answer to everything for me!!! God WANT'S us to prosper financially, but not at the expense of our relationship with him! I've seen this THOUSANDS of times, GREAT christian people will go through HORRID financial situations, and they'll ask God, "Why have you done this to me?" "This isn't fair!!!"

This kills me EVERY TIME!!! First of all, GOD doesn't do fair. God does justice. If God wanted things to be fair, there's NO WAY he would have sent Jesus to die for us! We deserve condemnation, but instead we get justice, and the crazy thing about justice is that ANYBODY can pay ANYONE'S price. JESUS PAID OUR PRICE!!! Justice was satisfied for us!!! Don't pin your issues on the fairness of God when we all deserve death!

When we go through financial hardship(I'm DEFINITELY preaching to myself here), just know this: CAPITALISM is wonderful, but the only thing better than capitalism itself is CAPITALISM UNDER GOD.

I could elaborate on this, but it's better to simplify this: MAKE MONEY GOD'S WAY, and THINGS WILL WORK OUT!!! You don't have to cut peoples throats, or make terrible moral choice to make a buck! YOu don't have to rob the bank to feed your kids is what I'm saying.

If people understood this, then our economy would be in a better place because people would ACTUALLY trust each other(BERNIE MADOFF)

So when I use the word capitalist in a derogatory way, I'm really saying "You could care less about Integrity, all you care about is money."

I'm not trying to offend people, in fact all I'm trying to do is ENCOURAGE people to live with integrity above all else! I'm learning this in my own life! It's difficult, but in the end SO MUCH BETTER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment